POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Healthcare : Re: Healthcare Server Time
29 Sep 2024 03:12:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Healthcare
From: Chambers
Date: 3 Sep 2009 23:34:09
Message: <4aa08ab1$1@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:
> Assumption, yes. Those are made when setting policy. Unsubstantiated,
> no. I lock my front door because I make the assumption that my getting
> robbed is more likely than some kind stranger entering my house and
> leaving a bag of gold coins on my pillow.

You have to include not just people's proclivity for an activity, but
their ability to perform it.

You having an unlocked door makes it easy for someone to walk in and
take something, but their leaving a bag of gold coins requires that they
first have that bag.

Assuming that everyone around you had plenty of gold coins, but that you
yourself had none, I wonder how many people would be inclined to give
you some.

...Chambers