POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Join the SPWU! : Re: Join the SPWU! Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:29:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Join the SPWU!
From: Ive
Date: 3 Sep 2009 05:30:45
Message: <4a9f8cc5$1@news.povray.org>
Robert McGregor wrote:
> Is this just one scene of many (in a series) for your large project?

It started as an exercise in metal & rust textures and blurred
reflections by using various methods. While adding more 'machinery' it
evolved into something bigger and meanwhile even includes a Victorian
style part in the upper area of the city.
With this kind of scene I do not have a 'final' image in mind, it is
more the fun of creating a whole (small) 3D world and the master POV-Ray
file usually contains only hundreds of 'switches' to select one
particular camera view, change the time of the day, move objects around
(people, cars whatever), turn lights on/off and so on...
Those projects are also not meant to be ever finished, usually they
hibernate at some point (sometimes for years) but I awake them again
when e.g. my texturing or modeling skills have improved (or I have
simply upgraded my machine and more computing power available).

BTW is your irtc entry related to Michael Moorcock's 'Eternal Champion'?

-Ive