POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I think warp is right ... 3.7 gamma : Re: I think warp is right ... 3.7 gamma Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:25:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I think warp is right ... 3.7 gamma
From: clipka
Date: 2 Sep 2009 01:25:08
Message: <4a9e01b4$1@news.povray.org>
Guys, you're still on the wrong track!

As I've pointed out to Warp about half a dozen of times, it is the
/input file/ gamma handling that's broken indeed.

Your image looks washed out because the texture /is/ washed out (from
the render engine's point of view).

Convert the texture file to PNG using IC for instance (to make sure it
has a gAMA chunk, too), and you should be perfectly fine.