POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Healthcare : Re: Healthcare Server Time
29 Sep 2024 09:21:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Healthcare
From: Darren New
Date: 1 Sep 2009 11:45:38
Message: <4a9d41a2$1@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:
> How long do you think we can continue to borrow from the future?

I hate to tell you this, but it's impossible to not borrow exponentially
more money from the future over time, the way the money system is now set
up. Everyone owes everyone money, and there's no way to pay it all back.
It's mathematically impossible to pay back all loans. There's more money
owed than there is existent, and the only way to make more money is to
borrow it.

> I'm more interested what position you would take on *my* words. What
> protection would you give to the few when the many are "just say(ing)"
> that their own rights rights outweigh those of the few? How would you
> protect those protections against the next occurrence of "just say(ing)"?

The rights of the few cannot be protected from the majority in practice,
except by having the few in a different sovereign organization with its own
military force. You have to look at each attempted infringement and decide
if it's sufficiently worthwhile to make people pay for it.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Understanding the structure of the universe