POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : DF3 Proximity Macros - test image : Re: DF3 Proximity Macros - orientation? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:12:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DF3 Proximity Macros - orientation?
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 31 Aug 2009 10:03:48
Message: <4a9bd844$1@news.povray.org>
"Edouard" <pov### [at] edouardinfo> schreef in bericht
> Can you explain again what the problem you are seeing looks like? There
> are a
> few things that can contribute to the quality, and I still suspect that
> the DF3
> interpolation code is POV has some odd quirks...

I assume (but I may be wrong) that the macro calculates the proximity equaly
in all three spatial directions. What you see on the image are the three
used pigments in the pigment_map distributed by the macro more or less
laterally from lower left of the building to upper right, which I find
strange for a symmetrical object.

Thomas