POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Submission doubts : Re: Submission doubts Server Time
7 May 2024 15:34:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Submission doubts
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 30 Aug 2009 18:05:03
Message: <4a9af78f$1@news.povray.org>

> I got the same phenomenon. I assume that if you take too long to write
> your submission data, the system times out and you are automatically
> logged out, after which it just ignores your submission. Or that's the
> impression I got. (It would still be a lot nicer if it *told* you that.)
>
> I resubmitted faster, after which my submission became visible.

   Yes, that must be it: also my second faster attempt also got accepted.

   Indeed, to do so I omitted the fields "IMAGE DESCRIPTION" and "HOW THIS
IMAGE WAS MADE", and now it would be nice to be able to fill them...

> I strongly suggest two improvements to the website:
>
> 1) Make the timeout significantly longer. There's no possible harm in
> this.

   Yes, it seems to be a bit short.

> 2) If someone makes a submission after the timeout, give a clear error
> page stating so, and telling him to log-in and resubmit.

   Of course...

   BTW, I noticed you can still see other submissions before the deadline,
using the next/previous links, and this way I found we have already two
non-rendered entries... :(

--
Jaime