POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Submission doubts : Re: Submission doubts Server Time
7 May 2024 06:28:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Submission doubts
From: Warp
Date: 30 Aug 2009 17:12:48
Message: <4a9aeb50@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
> Hi:

>    I've uploaded an image for the current round, but I don't know if it was
> correctly accepted.

>    The process went fine, I pushed the submit button and the image seemed to
> be uploading. But when it finished, I was logged out automatically and sent
> to the home page... Now, under "My account", I don't see it along my prior
> submission, so I would think it didn't get accepted, but I didn't see any
> error message...

  I got the same phenomenon. I assume that if you take too long to write
your submission data, the system times out and you are automatically logged
out, after which it just ignores your submission. Or that's the impression
I got. (It would still be a lot nicer if it *told* you that.)

  I resubmitted faster, after which my submission became visible.

  I strongly suggest two improvements to the website:

1) Make the timeout significantly longer. There's no possible harm in this.

2) If someone makes a submission after the timeout, give a clear error page
stating so, and telling him to log-in and resubmit.

--
                                                          - Warp