POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : trying to combine SSS and radiosity (80kb jpeg) : Re: trying to combine SSS and radiosity (80kb jpeg) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: trying to combine SSS and radiosity (80kb jpeg)
From: stbenge
Date: 29 Aug 2009 19:36:45
Message: <4a99bb8d$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> stbenge schrieb:
>  > Perhaps also
>> somebody can trick POV into allowing an object to recognize its own
>> interior media and fade_stuff as far as backside illumination goes?
>> That would be cool :D
>
> I must confess I have no idea whatsoever what you mean by that.

Okay, take this object for instance:

object{dodecaWire_p1_
  pigment{rgb 1}
  finish{diffuse .25,.75}
  interior{
   media{absorption<.25,.5,1>*15}
  }
  hollow
}

Render that and you have no SSS effect, you only get backside
illumination effects. You might as well have not even given that object
media.

An object's media (or interior fading) will not cast shadows onto the
object itself.