POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Healthcare : Re: Healthcare Server Time
29 Sep 2024 13:23:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Healthcare
From: Darren New
Date: 29 Aug 2009 13:00:10
Message: <4a995e9a$1@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:
> I'm not, because a corporation can't raise my insurance rate to whatever
> the Hell they want and then throw me in prison for refusing to patronize
> their business.

Why would doing this at a state level be any different?

The way I see this whole insurance thing is that the insurance companies
aren't actually producing anything. If there was the perfect knowledge and
competition that makes capitalism work best, nobody would need insurance,
and the entire insurance industry would be zero-sum. Plus, with perfect
knowledge, healthy people wouldn't buy insurance to start with, eliminating
the entire concept.

This, like military, police, and fire, seems like a good thing to have
centralized. Or are you also against having the fire department a
public/government service?  (I'll leave police and fire out because that's
somewhat different.)

How about safety standards and other such regulation? Are you of the opinion
that paying inspectors and regulators to make sure your cars and buildings
are safe is inappropriate?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   Understanding the structure of the universe