POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Healthcare : Re: Healthcare Server Time
29 Sep 2024 13:25:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Healthcare
From: Shay
Date: 28 Aug 2009 16:12:54
Message: <4a983a46$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:

> Absolutely nothing.  That's why I'm going to continue to watch
> government over the years, instead of blindly trusting them.  However,
> that's not going to stop me from supporting good programs that can help
> people.

So, when you're watching the government a few years down the road and a
majority of whom you are not a part does something truly abhorrent with
the power you've given them, what will you, having ceded much, if not a
majority, of your financial power and having wiped your ass with the
Constitution, do about it?

Vote 'em out? Sure, we get to vote people out of Federal office every
two years, but the framers knew that wasn't enough. Knew that
redistribution from the few to the many could keep a party (little p) in
power. Knew that the rights of a minority could be squashed in two
years. So, they limited the power of the government -- no matter how
well intentioned that government might be.

  -Shay