POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Healthcare : Re: Healthcare Server Time
29 Sep 2024 13:28:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Healthcare
From: Shay
Date: 28 Aug 2009 08:34:06
Message: <4a97cebe$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:

> Where have you *been* for the last decade?  Our civil liberties have
> already been shredded,

No shit, huh? So that's how government works? By seizing power and then
using that power to seize more power?

> and Obama is trying to give something back to us.
>  I say, let him.

At the expense of our progeny.

It's you who don't get the argument, because to a person like yourself,
the corporations are always "they" and the government, the giant entity
which consistently operates at a profit to its members and a loss to its
shareholders, is always "we."

WE need to print more money.
WE need to to take more from the tax-payers.
WE need to control industry.

What the statist doesn't understand is that, with one tiny shift, you're
not in the WE anymore.

> UHC is a much more worthy expense than, say, someone's
> pet war half the world away (plus, it has the added bonus of increasing
> quality of life, which has a corresponding effect on productivity, in
> the end benefiting our economy).

And having ceded 1/6 of our means to the government, what makes you so
certain they'll continue to use those means for "worthy expenses"?

-Shay