POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Healthcare : Re: Healthcare Server Time
29 Sep 2024 11:25:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Healthcare
From: Chambers
Date: 28 Aug 2009 00:00:38
Message: <4a975666$1@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:
> If we're in a lifeboat made for six that is already carrying ten, then yes.

You're misstating the argument, consistently enough that I have to
assume that either

a) You really don't understand the issue,
b) you understand but don't want anyone else to understand.

To use your lifeboat analogy:
We are currently in a lifeboat built for 6 people.  There are 4 people
who can't get in the lifeboat because its full.
The Federal Government wants to build a bigger lifeboat, so we can hold
those 4 people.  This will cost everyone involved a small sum.
The private insurance companies, who build lifeboats for a living, don't
want the Government to build a lifeboat.  They want to wait for those 4
people to be able to afford another lifeboat on their own, else just let
  them drown.

...Chambers