POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Healthcare : Re: Healthcare Server Time
29 Sep 2024 07:16:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Healthcare
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 27 Aug 2009 18:55:50
Message: <4a970ef6$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/27/09 13:15, Shay wrote:
> And I know a dozen who have been laid off. The numbers are the numbers,
> our individual anecdotes are nearly worthless.

	In which case, we should be discussing the numbers related to health
care in the US vs other industrialized countries.

> We have excessive lifestyles and a large population of indigents. *My*
> healthcare is excellent. Hell, as long as we're giving healthcare away
> to indigents, why stop at the border? What is other industrialized
> nations "provided" healthcare to non-citizens? Should we then?

	Actually, I suspect almost all industrialized countries that provide
UHC give health care to anyone legally in the country. I know that at
least in Canada, you need not be a permanent resident.

	In the UK, I believe you have to pay if you're a short term resident
(tourist, etc). But I'm sure if you're working there, you're covered.

> My being forced to pay for your healthcare isn't competition or the free
> market, it's the tyranny of the majority, the specific threat our
> Constitution was authored to protect us from. This is why, beyond a few

	The same argument can be applied to libraries, police and fire
departments. How do you feel about those?

--
I am reading a very interesting book about anti-gravity. I just can't
put it down.