POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Healthcare : Re: Healthcare Server Time
29 Sep 2024 03:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Healthcare
From: Chambers
Date: 27 Aug 2009 10:00:01
Message: <4a969161$1@news.povray.org>
Shay wrote:
> Our presidents *stated* goal is a single-payer government system.

It may be his stated goal, but it's not in any legislation currently
under consideration.  Have you actually looked at the proposals?

> What are private insurance rates going to do when the self-insured (and
> by "self-insured" I mean not only the self-employed but also the
> unemployed dependents for whom the employed pay additional,
> out-of-pocket premiums) leave the poisoned private healthcare system?

As for the unemployed dependents, private insurance rates should
(theoretically) go down, since all those deadbeats won't be clogging up
accounts receivable anymore :)

> Our government can poison any industry by providing a "free"
> alternative. This is why we have the tenth amendment.

Nothing is free (hence the humor of my original post).  If you don't pay
for it in premiums, you pay for it in taxes.

Besides, the Post Office hasn't killed off UPS or FedEx.  Why would a
government healthcare plan do any better at killing off the private
insurers?

...Chambers