POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rusty Thing on Beach : Re: Rusty Thing on Beach Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:29:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rusty Thing on Beach
From: clipka
Date: 22 Aug 2009 13:51:00
Message: <4a903004$1@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres schrieb:
>   Very promising... I'm already impatient to try it. Indeed, the wet-sand
> beach surface is also very nice, and intriguing.

I'm quite confident to finish it up in time for beta 35 ;-). ATM it only
works with texture maps - which of course is flexible enough, but I'd
prefer to make it work with pigment and normal maps, too. (No way of
making it work with pattern functions though. At least not as long as it
re-uses radiosity data.)

I came across the wet-beach idea by accident. It's basically just a bozo
texture map with a dry-beach (= diffuse only) and a wet-beach (= highly
reflective) texture. Except that I also did make use of that proximity
pattern to force the wet-beach texture in the proximity of "the Thing",
to give the illusion of a washed-out channel around it.