POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Having fun ... : Re: Having fun ... Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:16:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Having fun ...
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 22 Aug 2009 10:18:14
Message: <4a8ffe26@news.povray.org>
WIP of critter.

Took forever to trace because of all of the refraction on the crystals.
The texturing is original to the model, and he is sort of gray ingame, too.

Max Trace: 64/64 (!!!) Trace time was 1 day, 13 hours, 50 minutes.

I cheated with radiosity, I pre-rendered the scene at a lower
resolution, with good radiosity settings, and a lower max_trace_level.
Then rendered the full resolution with much lower radiosity settings.
Focal blur is still turned on in this image, but the effect is much more
subtle.