POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Planet WIP : Re: Planet WIP Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:24:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planet WIP
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 21 Aug 2009 14:59:29
Message: <4a8eee91@news.povray.org>
High!

Tek wrote:
> Everything in this image is based on the rainfall & temperature maps I
> posted a while ago.
>
> The stratus cloud is a little too thick, causing a white out in the bottom
> right areas, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with it.
>
> There's still a few things I want to do with it, but this is only 1 part of
> the IRTC image I'm working on and the competition deadline is fast
> approaching, so I'm probably going to focus on the other elements.

AWESOME!

Believable continent shapes, (almost) realistic cloud swirls... much
better than anything I could achieve during the last 14 years using POV-Ray!

Do you already use real relief or is it just a "flat" texture with some
normals added? If the former, then these large inland seas seen right of
the center should be at somewhat different altitude levels...

I can't wait for a high-scale atlas, let's say 1:1,000,000...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar