POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A long track to go : Re: A long track to go Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:19:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A long track to go
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 21 Aug 2009 13:17:12
Message: <4a8ed698$1@news.povray.org>
High!

Jim Charter wrote:

> You remember steam locomotives???  I'm gobsmacked!

Here in (Western) Germany, the last ones were put out of operation in
1977... so I would not be too young to remember regular steam trains,
but I hardly can remember any travels by train at all in my childhood
days, as my parents both had a driving license and for a family of four,
travelling by car was much cheaper than taking any train back then.

By the way, between 1977 and 1985, steam locomotives were formally
outlawed in Western Germany!

Nowadays, I'm a die-hard train traveller (no car and no license - it's
my ecological creed!), but I never had the chance to ride on a "museum
train"... which would not please me that much, as I'm more into
hyper-modern high-speed trains (as you see in my current POV-Ray
project), zooming across France in a TGV or doing Japan by Shinkansen,
that's me!

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: Juan Charrasqueado (Mariachi Nacional)