POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A long track to go : Re: A long track to go Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:24:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A long track to go
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 21 Aug 2009 03:16:07
Message: <4a8e49b7$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> schreef in bericht
> You remember steam locomotives???  I'm gobsmacked!

1950's in France, until the line I travelled most often on (with my parents)
was electrified, I think that was end 50's early 60's. I do not really
remember diesel electrics in between. Before electrification, travelling on
the line Paris-Amsterdam, the train switched locomotives at Brussels
(steam -> diesel) and maybe again at Rosendaal (diesel -> electric).

Thomas