POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Backlight : Re: Backlight Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Backlight
From: nemesis
Date: 20 Aug 2009 15:16:11
Message: <4a8da0fb@news.povray.org>
Alain escreveu:

>> Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
>>> Awesome! ...I tried to fake such effect with the SDL for years, without
>>> success of course. It's incredible that you can come up with a patch
>>> for it
>>> so quickly...
>>
>> I find it more incredible that nobody ever bothered to invest the time
>> before,
>> given how easy it turned out to be ;)
>>

> It turned out easy once you put yourself into doing it.
>
> Maybe others got frighten by some appearent or supposed dificulty.
> Maybe others just "assumed" it was not possible.
> Maybe somebody had a go at it, but used the wrong aproach and ended up
> with some over-complicated and very ineffecient code. Hit a dead end and
> renounced.

It's difficult for an average programmer to even begin tinkering with
code that depends on specialized computer graphics algorithms with
complex math inside.  Same for videogame emulation.  I believe it's a
thing for very few people with both sufficient knowledge, time and
passion for it, indeed.

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9