POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Computer bug (WIP) : Re: Computer bug (WIP) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:17:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Computer bug (WIP)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 20 Aug 2009 13:35:31
Message: <4a8d8963$1@news.povray.org>

> Yep! Absolutely ;) I'm very tempted to play with Eagle and Eagle3D now
> ... maybe this weekend. But, there's a certain amount of enjoyment in
> doing all of the modeling on your own. I had actually created a texture
> macro that would generate the bands for a resistor, based on it's value,
>  and a couple other parameters (tolerance, etc...)

   Perhaps Eagle/Eagle3D can be of help for you, because I think it has a way
  to expand the existing components library, via macros. This will free you
from modeling the board, and all the programming involved to have the
components properly placed, so you can focus on just modeling components.

--
Jaime