POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A long track to go : Re: A long track to go Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:25:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A long track to go
From: TC
Date: 20 Aug 2009 10:30:22
Message: <4a8d5dfe@news.povray.org>
Only about thirty to thirty five years ago steam locomotives were a common
sight and regular means of transport in East Germany. I rememember driving
in them when I was a kid.

Then, here in Germany, there still is at least one railroad with two
steamers still working - the "Harzquerbahn".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harzquerbahn

There is a webcam that is updated on every train's arrival. Sometimes you
see the steamer, sometimes its a plain train.

http://www.hsb-wr.de/hsb_barrierefrei/webcams/dah/dah_bhf.htm