POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A long track to go : Re: A long track to go Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:27:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A long track to go
From: clipka
Date: 20 Aug 2009 04:57:13
Message: <4a8d0fe9$1@news.povray.org>
Samuel Benge schrieb:
> You have cone sections for the round boiler? Maybe tangence.inc will work. I
> don't know.

Sounds like something worth having a look at. Never heard of it before
though - any idea where to find it? (Google's not my friend on this one.)

> Pure POV you say? Isosurfaces work; you can blob mathematical shapes together.

That would require me having a clear idea about the mathematical shape
for both the boiler and firebox in the first place :P

But it may indeed be the way to go.

> You could always cheat and use Blender's meta shapes. They fuse quickly and
> you'll still be using free tools ;)

If it was about using free tools, I'd go for Wings 3D. Blender? No,
thanks :P