POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Computer bug (WIP) : Re: Computer bug (WIP) Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Computer bug (WIP)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 20 Aug 2009 03:33:40
Message: <4a8cfc54$1@news.povray.org>

> Neat :) A long time ago I was working on a library of CSG objects that
> would be electronic components. This might inspire me to go back to
> working on that CSG library again.

   Well, I'm not an engineer, but it looks to me like Eagle3D has already a
very good library... perhaps it can be used without an Eagle board file,
just using manually the includes on your POV scenes. Anyhow, I also
understand most POV users (including myself), love reinventing the wheel
just for the fun of it...

> I like the spider, btw, very cute. No need for absolute accuracy unless
> your goal was total photorealism.

   Well, realism is always my goal, but sometimes I'm too lazy to achieve it.
In this case, I discovered that modeling insects with Wings3D is much easier
than I thought... so I will try to get it more close to a real spider
(excluding hair, of course).

--
Jaime