POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Having fun ... : Re: Having fun ... Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:14:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Having fun ...
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 19 Aug 2009 11:24:46
Message: <4a8c193e$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> schreef in bericht

> But the point for me is that once you put an image out there it is open
> for anyone to interpret in any way. It functions independently
> uncontrolled by either artist or critic.
>
> The thing I took issue with was my sense that, in your critique, you'd
> strayed into a position that no meaning was possible because you
> personally didn't see any meaning.  And that became your criteria for an
> up or down vote on the general success of the image.

Yes indeed. I immediately sensed I had sprung a trap on myself :-)  Not a
problem. My initial intention was to ventilate my personal opinion only, but
it got sidetracked into a more general discussion where I could only loose
firm ground. No problem either.

> And poor Mike, this is all rather beside the point considering the shot
> was ancilliary to his original posting. But I enjoyed the conversation.
> Thanks to Mike for being a good sport about it.

Absolutely! I certainly join you here.

Thomas