POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Having fun ... : Re: Having fun ... Server Time
1 Aug 2024 02:14:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Having fun ...
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 19 Aug 2009 03:50:41
Message: <4a8baed1$1@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> schreef in bericht
> Humans usually define their personal space to include the reach of their
> extremities (and their is even some evidence that as tool users humans can
> mentally 'map' their bodily space to include the reach of the tool also.)
> So if the artist, or even just the viewer, was to pursue this theme I am
> suggesting, of sentience as equated to the mapping of bodily space, then
> the position of the paws, and the drawing of attention to them could play
> a role don't you think?

Yes indeed, and I am sure Mike was exploring just that. However, I think
this works best when there are no obvious "highlights" imposing themselves
in the first pace, one can then choose where to put the spotlight so to
speak. It reminds me of the chiaroscura technique where this can be done in
interesting ways. The recent contribution by Lightbeam (Julia) comes also to
mind.

Thomas