POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Having fun ... : Re: Having fun ... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:19:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Having fun ...
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 17 Aug 2009 03:42:08
Message: <4a8909d0$1@news.povray.org>
"Mike Raiford" <mraXXXiford.at.@g1023mail.com> schreef in bericht
news:4a88a3a2$1@news.povray.org...

> Ah, but I was going for something different. I wanted the focus to be on
> something different. I have many pictures of my cats with their eyes in
> focus.... Rules are meant to be broken. He often sits with his front paws
> outstretched and together like that, so I thought I'd emphasize the paws.
> I see it didn't work, and the intent is lost on people ;)

Yes, I am afraid your intention was good, but it did not work out as
intended, and I would say the same about your glass animal. To return to
that one, I would be interested to see the same more focussed in a neutral
but interesting environment slightly out of focus. In the present shot the
"material" does not really "speak" while it looks suggestive but is blurred
by the soft focus.

> My feelings are not hurt, I take lots of Okay photos, and lots of bad
> photos... Depending on who you ask, this one is either a masterpiece, or a
> train wreck :) I think it's somewhere in between. The bicycle in the back
> killed it, and I don't think my focus/DOF was where I really intended it
> to be.

I sincerely think that honestly and freely discussing issues is a great way
to progress. We may not agree, even fundamentally, but at least we both
learn something I am sure.

I would not call your cat a train wreck myself, but an interesting attempt
at a different "angle" of interpretation or awareness. I think that the real
culprit is the cat here! He is way too interested and looks too intelligent
to be caught into that trap. Your attempt therfore might well have worked
with another "subject" :-)

Thomas