POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Handbell : Handbell Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:29:48 EDT (-0400)
  Handbell
From: CShake
Date: 16 Aug 2009 22:14:20
Message: <4a88bcfc@news.povray.org>
An image I've been working on for a few days.
Thanks to Chris B for pointing me to the SweepSpline macro, and thanks
to Mike Williams for actually making it. The handle is a swept object,
if it wasn't obvious.
Everything visible in this image is a superellipsoid, prism, lathe, or
swept spline, though a few cylinders were used for CSG.

As for the realism, the inside of the bell is too reflective but I
haven't been able to find a good way to make it dull/unpolished but yet
still look like clean metal. My attempts at micro and macro normals
(using variations of the textures that Ive posted in the metals.inc
thread a while ago) didn't work well, and there are very fine lines
between completely black, way-too-bright, and fuzzy.

Render time 2:06:31 on a quad-core 2.6GHz, beta33. Minor focal blur,
radiosity with decreased brightness, and area light used. I think the
line up the middle of the inside of the bell is a seam in the HDR probe
(which is St.Peter's Basilica from Paul Debevec's gallery), I will
rotate it once I have more changes to make.

CShake

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'handbellmk2.jpg' (75 KB)