POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Having fun ... : Re: Having fun ... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:10:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Having fun ...
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 16 Aug 2009 20:30:29
Message: <4a88a4a5$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:

> Still, I really don't like shots /without/ any focal blur. Aside from
> giving a sense of scale, it also gives a sense of depth, and helps add
> emphasis to some elements of the image (by literally putting them in
> focus), so you lose a lot if you don't use at least some subtle focal blur.

Yep :) very true, the image seems to look flat w/o any sort of blurring.
   Blur does give a hint of depth.

Someone in this thread mentioned they liked to use fog. I abhor fog in
rendering. Only when it is very, very light like the haze of mountains
in the distance does it make sense to me... That also conveys scale,
imo. Too much fog makes the image murky, to me.