POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Having fun ... : Re: Having fun ... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Having fun ...
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 16 Aug 2009 20:26:10
Message: <4a88a3a2$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:

> part of the image that needs focussing. However, if instead the eyes had
> been focussed sharply and the rest of the cat slightly out of focus, the
> image would have gained in intensity. It would not have been a wow image,
> but certainly a more interesting one. But why not simply photograph the cat

Ah, but I was going for something different. I wanted the focus to be on
something different. I have many pictures of my cats with their eyes in
focus.... Rules are meant to be broken. He often sits with his front
paws outstretched and together like that, so I thought I'd emphasize the
paws. I see it didn't work, and the intent is lost on people ;)

> sharply and leave it at that? The personality of the animal is more than
> enough to make the shot attractive without extra add-ons.

> All this said without intentions to hurt whoever took the photograph. This
> is the kind of analysis one would get in any photography or art class in the
> world

Right. Strangely, the photo forum I frequent had an entirely different
view of it, but there you go ;)

My feelings are not hurt, I take lots of Okay photos, and lots of bad
photos... Depending on who you ask, this one is either a masterpiece, or
a train wreck :) I think it's somewhere in between. The bicycle in the
back killed it, and I don't think my focus/DOF was where I really
intended it to be.