POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Having fun ... : Re: Having fun ... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 20:13:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Having fun ...
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 14 Aug 2009 10:56:24
Message: <4a857b18$1@news.povray.org>
"Warp" <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> schreef in bericht
>  IMO the image would lose most of its appeal and artistic feeling
> without the focal blur. In other words, the image would be rather
> *boring* without the ingenious blurring. I think the blurring is spot-on.
>
>  Rather curiously, the blurring makes it look like there *is* some kind
> of background in there (it's just completely blurred out). Without the
> blurring it would just look like an object on a completely empty white
> background.

...which shows how differently people can see the same scene. Which is
allright of course.

I have said it earlier in these ng's: I am not really enthousiastic about
focal blur in general, whether in ray tracing or (more especially) in
photography. I still think one should use it very carefully and with a very
light touch indeed.

Thomas