POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Having fun ... : Re: Having fun ... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:32:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Having fun ...
From: Warp
Date: 14 Aug 2009 06:08:07
Message: <4a853787@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Nice, but... too much focal blur for my taste... in fact, there remains very
> little to focus on  ;-)  Imo, focal blur should be used to separate the
> object from the background, not to blur the object itself.

  IMO the image would lose most of its appeal and artistic feeling
without the focal blur. In other words, the image would be rather
*boring* without the ingenious blurring. I think the blurring is spot-on.

  Rather curiously, the blurring makes it look like there *is* some kind
of background in there (it's just completely blurred out). Without the
blurring it would just look like an object on a completely empty white
background.