POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ripple Tank Sim : Re: Ripple Tank Sim Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:09:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ripple Tank Sim
From: stbenge
Date: 12 Aug 2009 05:34:18
Message: <4a828c9a$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> I mainly did it because the C(/++) program I had written earlier only
> produced ASCII art output, and it did quite well for starters, but I got
> tired of its limitations, and was too lazy to integrate support for
> proper image reading and writing ;-)
>
> And, of course, misusing POV-Ray in this manner was an interesting
> challenge to do ;-)

I'm all for misusing programs and languages in this way. Heck, I'd go as
far as to say that the more unique ways you can find to accomplish a
singular goal, the better! "Unique ways" being the key of course ;)

> Next on the agenda: Game of life.  Should be a piece of cake if done
> properly: Read in last frame, apply a color map according to birth/death
> rules  overlay with 8 tuned-down displaced copies to add birth/death
> hints for the next step - render.

  Ah, with the #if statement right near the apex of that calculation?
And with an average pattern instead of a function? Any way, I'd like to
see it :)