POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ripple Tank Sim : Re: Ripple Tank Sim Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:31:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ripple Tank Sim
From: clipka
Date: 11 Aug 2009 16:00:32
Message: <4a81cde0$1@news.povray.org>
stbenge schrieb:
> Good job! I think I'll stick to C programming for this effect though.
> It's easy enough to produce a barrier and generator mask using POV, and
> then take it into C to run the sim :/

I mainly did it because the C(/++) program I had written earlier only
produced ASCII art output, and it did quite well for starters, but I got
tired of its limitations, and was too lazy to integrate support for
proper image reading and writing ;-)

And, of course, misusing POV-Ray in this manner was an interesting
challenge to do ;-)

Next on the agenda: Game of life. Should be a piece of cake if done
properly: Read in last frame, apply a color map according to birth/death
rules, overlay with 8 tuned-down displaced copies to add birth/death
hints for the next step - render.