POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ripple Tank Sim : Re: Ripple Tank Sim Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:26:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ripple Tank Sim
From: stbenge
Date: 11 Aug 2009 14:53:22
Message: <4a81be22$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> a ripple tank simulation, computed with POV-Ray 3.7.0.beta.33;

It's funny you should come up with this, since yesterday I was thinking
about how to do this very thing. We have no persistent variables, but
using images would work.

This reminds me. It would be really sweet if we could have POV output an
image with an exact name during an animation, such as "water.png"
instead of "water001.png". This would make iterative image production a
much neater process. As it is now, whenever I have an iterative imaging
setup I end up with a ton of images in the directory.

Good job! I think I'll stick to C programming for this effect though.
It's easy enough to produce a barrier and generator mask using POV, and
then take it into C to run the sim :/

Sam