POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Anaglyph (red/cyan), Tool set : Re: Anaglyph (red/cyan), Tool set Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:29:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anaglyph (red/cyan), Tool set
From: Alain
Date: 6 Aug 2009 22:04:35
Message: <4a7b8bb3$1@news.povray.org>

> "StephenS" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>> Top quaility Persistent brand tools.
>>
>> I would like to have more pronounced photons, currently the setting are:
>>   photons {
>>     spacing           0.050
>>     gather            20,100
>>     media             0,1.000
>>     jitter            0.400
>>     max_trace_level   5
>>     expand_thresholds 0.200,40.000
>>     autostop          0.500
>>     radius            0.000,1.000,0.000,1.000
>>   }
>>
>> Suggestions?
>

> Crank up the light source??
>
> No, seriously: I guess they're realistic. Reflective caustics are much more
> prominent with concave surfaces. To emphasize the effect, you'd need to place
> other parts so that some of the caustics fall into another tool's shadow.
> Something like that.
>
> I don't think there's a parameter in POV-Ray to artistically over-exaggerate
> photon caustics.
>

> (BTW, I just notice that my anaglyph shades don't seem to be that bad after all;
> they just didn't work too well with AlphaQuad's solar systems and their
> bright-on-black setting.)

One thing you can do to exagerate the effect of your photons:

Use a two pass render.

On the first pass, chank up your light by a factor of 5 to 50 our more,
and use a plain white ground plane. Save your photons.

On the second pass, bring back your light to a normal level. Use your
textured ground. Load the photons.

It won't be realistic, but the photons effect will get stronger,
possibly MUCH stronger.

Alain