POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Anaglyph (red/cyan), Tool set : Re: Anaglyph (red/cyan), Tool set Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:24:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Anaglyph (red/cyan), Tool set
From: Alain
Date: 1 Aug 2009 22:23:47
Message: <4a74f8b3$1@news.povray.org>

> Top quaility Persistent brand tools.
A quote I got from a mechanic:

"I can't afford to get tools that are not of the highest quality!"

> I would like to have more pronounced photons, currently the setting are:
>   photons {
>     spacing           0.050
>     gather            20,100
>     media             0,1.000
>     jitter            0.400
>     max_trace_level   5
>     expand_thresholds 0.200,40.000
>     autostop          0.500
>     radius            0.000,1.000,0.000,1.000
>   }
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Stephen S

The caustics from convexe shapes are inherently faint. The reflected
light get dispersed, not concentrated.
Making them stronger would be unrealistic.

What you can do if you want to:

Increase the reflection value to a value larger than 1 and make the
light_source fainter and the background darker.

Increase the diffuse value of the ground to a value larger than 1, and
use a negative ambient value. This will make the shadows absolutely black.

Ether way, the result will be unrealistic.

Alain