POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More fun with sand : Re: More fun with sand Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More fun with sand
From: William Tracy
Date: 30 Jul 2009 22:10:44
Message: <4a7252a4@news.povray.org>
Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> Maybe you can break the regularity a bit using something
> cheap like 0.8*f_ridged_mf + 0.2*f_bozo.

Jeez, why didn't I think of that? :-P

Anyway, I've gone back and forth several times on which I preferred. At
first I liked 2 octaves, then I decided that I *really* liked 1, now I'm
starting to lean toward 2 again (note that's what I decided to used in
my latest Alien Desert render).

Still, I'll now have to try 1 octaves + a little noise.

--
William Tracy
afi### [at] gmailcom

Today's random quote is:
JonathanThompson: Just remember, lsem: I'm never sarcastic, and I have
no sense of humor :)
    -- seen in #haiku