POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POVRay / Luxrender : Re: POVRay / Luxrender Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVRay / Luxrender
From: hobBIT
Date: 27 Jul 2009 16:35:42
Message: <4a6e0f9e$1@news.povray.org>
Christian Froeschlin schrieb:
>> below a scene I started some days ago
>
> Nice scene! Although you should have replaced the luxrender
> picture by a povray logo in the second version ;)

Thanks, I thought about this, but I've tried to use mainly the same
colors for comparision. I may do this in the 'release' version :-)

>>   - Areas which have no direct lighting do not show any normal effects
>> (All walls have bumps, but this can be seen behind the plant only).
>
> By default, radiosity ignores normals (see 2.3.7.4). You can add
> "normal on" in the radiosity block, but it might be slow. Using fill
> lights may be an alternative.

Thanks, I will try it.
Using fill lights is something that I don't like. I will setup scenes
like they occure in reality, independent of the rendering time :-)
BTW: Are there any plans or side projects that allow rendering in
networks for single scenes ?

hobBIT