POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Planet texture WIP #3 - Coast : Re: Planet texture WIP #3 - Coast Server Time
31 Jul 2024 22:09:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planet texture WIP #3 - Coast
From: Tek
Date: 22 Jul 2009 21:39:55
Message: <4a67bf6b@news.povray.org>
The scale is rather inconsistent at the moment, but the waves should be on a
similar scale to the buildings & roads.

After a bit of googling I found this image:
http://coastalchange.ucsd.edu/images/refraction2.jpg

That's the kind of thing I was going for.

If anything it's the random noisey waves in the deeper water that I need to
change, all the ocean pictures I can find show very regular patterns.

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com