POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Planet texture WIP #3 - Coast : Re: Planet texture WIP #3 - Coast Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:28:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planet texture WIP #3 - Coast
From: Tek
Date: 22 Jul 2009 18:03:05
Message: <4a678c99@news.povray.org>
Yeah the road pattern needs some other influences, particularly to avoid the
sea.

You're right about the scale it's waaaaay off! The man-made things are huge
compared to the planet. Basically the view I plan to use is from space, and
I need the planet to look inhabited, so I'm going to keep tweaking the scale
in the final image.

Also it's a sci-fi future so maybe 58-lane freeways and 10,000 room tower
blocks are normal :)

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com