POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : IRTC Comments : Re: IRTC Comments Server Time
19 May 2024 14:50:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Comments
From: David Buck
Date: 17 Jul 2009 19:46:35
Message: <4a610d5b$1@news.povray.org>
Doctor John wrote:
> Have just seen the results of the competition. Congratulations, Hildur,
> well-deserved.
> One problem - when logged in there appear to be no comments visible for
> my submission. Does this mean there were no comments or that we have met
> another tiny little bug.
>
> John

I'm working at making the comments visible.  The comments are there but
are not being displayed.  I should have that corrected by the end of the
weekend.

As I mentioned earlier, I have a volunteer to help with the code for the
web site.  He has more time than I do right now so he will be doing most
of the work at this point.  He's currently working on the voting system.
He'll be putting a summary page showing all your votes on all images.
He's working on using Ajax to clean up the submission process so that
comments aren't lost when you look at the image or change the star
rating.  He's also looking at using lightboxes to display the image.
Finally, we're looking at changing the voting scheme to be a 20 point
scale with 20 point scales for technical, artistic and conceptual merit.

We're also setting things up so you don't vote on your own image.

Thanks for your patience with the site and your helpful comments.  I
realize that it's been a rough launch of the site, but it has taught us
more about the site than if we had held off the launch for several months.

Thanks
David Buck