POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Planet texture WIP#2 - atmosphere! : Re: Planet texture WIP#2 - atmosphere! Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:27:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planet texture WIP#2 - atmosphere!
From: Tek
Date: 16 Jul 2009 19:41:58
Message: <4a5fbac6$1@news.povray.org>
I based it on photos of earth :P

Though the scale of this planet is really inconsistent, the cities & roads
are way to big (seriously, roads visible from space!). It's only intended
for use in the background of one image, and it's meant to be a futuristic
earth-like planet, so I'm taking a lot of liberties for artistic license.
The main aim is to make it look "planety"...

So criticisms & suggestions are appreciated, but I might choose ignore them
;)

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com