POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Planet texture WIP#2 - atmosphere! : Planet texture WIP#2 - atmosphere! Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:29:47 EDT (-0400)
  Planet texture WIP#2 - atmosphere!
From: Tek
Date: 15 Jul 2009 18:53:45
Message: <4a5e5df9@news.povray.org>
Ok here's an updated version: it now has an atmosphere, the mountains have a
normal map, the ocean has a fairly realistic material, I've tweaked the
relative scales a bit (though this planet is still far from realistically
scaled), and the cities have a small amount of ambient to glow on the dark
side of the planet.

But by far the best thing is the atmosphere, it looks way better now IMO.
Though inevitably it also takes many times longer to render (it's still
quick).

Oh, and I know: it needs clouds! I'll do them next.

Any other suggestions/questions?

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'planet_surface_aired.jpg' (457 KB)

Preview of image 'planet_surface_aired.jpg'
planet_surface_aired.jpg