POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : the Johnson solids : Re: the Johnson solids Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:26:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: the Johnson solids
From: Paul Fuller
Date: 13 Jul 2009 05:36:41
Message: <4a5b0029@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell wrote:

> Ohyes, whoops, thank you.

I only mentioned it because I initially thought you had missed them.
After all they are convex polyhedra composed of only regular polygons.

Then I found that the Johnson solids exclude them for a good reason.

> If I include them I'll probably write a single algorithmic macro... but they're
> not as interesting as the 59 icosahedra, so they'll have to wait :-)

Don't try to include them all or your parse time will be ... excessive.

Still a nice image of a double spiral of prism / antiprism pairs
spiralling outwards would add nicely to your zoo.

Keep up the good work.