POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Planet texture WIP : Re: Planet texture WIP Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:26:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planet texture WIP
From: Martin
Date: 12 Jul 2009 07:12:14
Message: <4a59c50e$1@news.povray.org>

[...]
> If you look at our planet, you'll notice that deserts are not present at
> the equator, but occupy 2 belts sadling the tropical lines. There are
> more deserts in the temperate regions than under the tropics.
> The equator itself is prety green. The greenest parts of Africa sits
> across the equator.
>

> Alain

Hello!

Maybe I'm wrong (I'm remembering) but you're right thinking in the
planet as it is now. The desertic zones you mention, are due to the
actual position of the tectonic plates, afecting the main ocean streams
that habve a direct relationship with the global climate.

In other planets, with other tectonics, other weather, there could be
deserts at others latitudes

Anyway, very beatiful texture Tek.

Regards.