POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flower generation macro test #3 : Re: Flower generation macro test #3 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:25:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flower generation macro test #3
From: Dan Byers
Date: 11 Jul 2009 11:20:45
Message: <4a58adcd$1@news.povray.org>
Alain wrote:
> I suggest 3 options for your colliding flowers:
>  - change the random seed.
>  - slightly increase the spacing of the flowers. Just miltiply the
> horizontal locations by 1.03-1.05 before tracing.
>  - add an exclusion cylinder centered around each flower, binded in an
> union. The cylinders radius will dictate the minimum distance between
> two flowers. You perform an insideness test on that union before you
> place a new flower.
>

> Alain

Option 1 may fix the currently colliding flowers, but may create new
collisions to take their place.

Option 3 is part of a solution I've got working in the back of my brain
(see my latest blog post on my website).  For most scenes in my movie,
the flowers will either be behind a wall of focal blur or zipping past
the camera fairly quickly, so I may not worry too much about collisions.

Thanks for the suggestions :)

--
Dan
GoofyGraffix.com