POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Flower generation macro test #3 : Re: Flower generation macro test #3 Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:30:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Flower generation macro test #3
From: Alain
Date: 10 Jul 2009 23:11:50
Message: <4a5802f6$1@news.povray.org>

> Flowers randomly placed upon a height_field using trace().  Still needs
> tweaking, as the flowers are running into each other.

I suggest 3 options for your colliding flowers:
  - change the random seed.
  - slightly increase the spacing of the flowers. Just miltiply the
horizontal locations by 1.03-1.05 before tracing.
  - add an exclusion cylinder centered around each flower, binded in an
union. The cylinders radius will dictate the minimum distance between
two flowers. You perform an insideness test on that union before you
place a new flower.

Alain