POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Processing power is not always what sells, it seems : Re: Processing power is not always what sells, it seems Server Time
29 Sep 2024 09:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Processing power is not always what sells, it seems
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 10 Jul 2009 01:20:47
Message: <4a56cfaf@news.povray.org>
On 07/09/09 21:22, Chambers wrote:
> Features don't sell.  Benefits do.
>
> Henry Ford made so much money, not because he sold cars that could go X
> miles an hour, or Y miles on one gallon, but because he toured the
> country talking about how great being able to drive was. He basically
> sold the idea of a mobile society, and contrasted sitting at home
> without a neighbor for 10 miles, with being able to visit family and
> friends anytime you want.

	That doesn't sound like either features or benefits selling. The lesson
I'm learning with this is "marketing sells".

	If you're in the US and you know any non-highly-technical people who
use a VoIP line for their phone (one that isn't just some software on
your PC), how many of them use Vonage? Ask them why they picked it,
given the significantly cheaper alternatives.

--
Conscious is when you are aware of something and conscience is when you
wish you weren't.

                    /  \/  \ u e e n     /  \/  a w a z
                                    anl