POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Pov-Ray Windows plotting code : Re: Pov-Ray Windows plotting code Server Time
2 May 2024 08:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pov-Ray Windows plotting code
From: David H  Burns
Date: 9 Jul 2009 18:18:35
Message: <4a566cbb$1@news.povray.org>
Christian Froeschlin wrote:

> But you won't get around
> learning how to program with whatever you choose ;)

I can program--or at least once I could: in Basic, (and VB not "net"),
Z-80 assembly, and C --oh yes, I fulfilled the language requirement for
my MS
by writing a "substantial program" in Turbo Pascal (they shouldn't have
let me
get away with it, they should made me pass a reading test in a "foreign"
human language!) Programming itself is not difficult! But ....well
anything else
I might say along this line would most certainly be off topic.

The question is not whether to learn to programming, but whether to spend
  a long time learning to use tools which are now available. I might better
spend that time using Pov-Ray itself (in which many beautiful things can be
done)and also with Visual Basic 4.0 (which has only the bare trappings of
OOP).

I need to learn to do a smiley face.

David